How we use Cookies

Fire drama at apartments

NEIGHBOURS were evacuated as a safety precaution when fire broke out in a fourth-flour apartment at Bridge House, Dickens Heath on Friday September 5.

NEIGHBOURS were evacuated as a safety precaution when fire broke out in a fourth-flour apartment at Bridge House, Dickens Heath on Friday September 5.

Six fire crews, from Solihull, Billesley, Highgate, Hay Mills and Kings Norton, were alerted to the incident, on the top floor, just before midnight.

The fire, thought to have been caused by an electrical fault in an entertainment centre, was confined to the lounge but the rest of the apartment was heavily smoke-logged.

When a fire alarm sounded a ventilation system switched on automatically to clear smoke and assist firefighters.

A young lady in the apartment was house sitting for a friend, who returned home later.

entertainment centre, was confined to the lounge but the rest of the apartment was heavily smoke-logged.

When a fire alarm sounded a ventilation system switched on automatically to clear smoke and assist firefighters.

A young lady in the apartment was house sitting for a friend, who returned home later.

 

Journalists

Cathrina Hulse
Multimedia Journalist
Annette Belcher
Multimedia Journalist
Full newsroom contact details
Tell us what's happening in your area.