How we use Cookies

Man leaps to safety

A MAN has been hospitalised after a fire in a flat above a pet shop in Castle Bromwich.

A MAN has been hospitalised after a fire in a flat above a pet shop in Castle Bromwich.

An ambulance was called to the scene in the early hours of Thursday morning after the shop, on Green Lane, caught fire.

An ambulance spokesman said: “The fire had affected a large part of the building. There were two men in the flat above the shop. One man in his 20s jumped from the first floor window, injuring his ankle. Thankfully it wasn’t broken but the man was taken by ambulance to Heartlands Hospital for further assessment and treatment.”

The second man was rescued by firefighters and discovered to be uninjured.

Large numbers of pets were also rescued from the building by firefighters whilst their colleagues tackled the fire.

 

Journalists

Cathrina Hulse
Multimedia Journalist
Annette Belcher
Multimedia Journalist
Full newsroom contact details
Tell us what's happening in your area.