DAVID Beckham isn't scared to flaunt his. Neither is comedian Russell Brand. The rise of the 'manbag' is such that it's not just the rich and famous who sport the ubiquitous accessory - across every town and city little ones, big ones, multi- coloured and designer ones are slung coquettishly from the arms of men. So if you fancy swapping your tatty supermarket carrier bag for an on-trend clutch look no further with our top tips:
1. A good bag should be functional not fashionable. It should have a clasp or a buckle only if it's got a purpose. Fancy trimmings are not ok.
2. Pockets and compartments for keys, coins, phones and iPods are essential. Lots of bits jangling in the bottom of your bag are distracting.
3. Men's bags are normally bigger, but don't opt for heavy material as well as this will be impractical as well as too much of a burden.
4. Don't cram the bag with everything under the sun. Too much clutter will spoil the shape.
5. Remember less is more. You don't have to match shoes to the bag.
6. Pink/yellow/baby blue colour schemes are not an option.