A PARADE of caravans that descended on Monkspath, before moving onto Knowle, have finally left the borough.
As reported last week, the travellers moved onto land next to Lakeside Drive late on Monday evening.
Council officials had issued a legal notice and warned that if the families didn’t leave the council-owned land, they would take out a court order.
With the threat of court action looming, the families left the site on Thursday - but moved just a few miles away to Langfield Road, Knowle.
Once again, council officers and police were on the scene to moniter the situation - but the caravans left less than 24 hours after they arrived.
There were also reports of a separate encampment in Clopton Crescent, Chelmsley Wood, which has also been dispersed.
A spokesman for Solihull Council said the travellers might have arrived for an event in Birmingham city centre.
There had also been reports from residents in Monkspath that the families had come to the area for a wedding.
Meriden MP Caroline Spelman said she was concerned by the activity over the past week.
“It’s becoming increasingly clear that we need additional Government guidance and further regulation to deal with unauthorised Travellers’ sites,” she said.
After the travellers left, Solihull Council dug trenches across the entrances to both the Monkspath and Knowle sites to stop them getting back onto the land.