How we use Cookies

Pan fire sparks blaze escape

A MAN and his dog escaped unscathed following a chip pan fire in Hobs Moat last week.

A MAN and his dog escaped unscathed following a chip pan fire in Hobs Moat last week.

Firefighters were called to the Campden Green flat at 11pm on April 23. The blaze had started in the kitchen of the ground floor apartment, but had died out by the time that the emergency services arrived.

Two crews from Sheldon and one from Hay Mills attended. The occupant appeared to be suffering from smoke inhalation but declined hospital treatment. Instead he was checked over by the paramedics who had also been called to the scene. His pet was also fine.

A spokesman for West Midlands Fire Service said: “We took the opportunity to drop off information about fire safety at some of the nearby addresses. There were details about smoke alarms and other safety tips.”

 

Journalists

Cathrina Hulse
Multimedia Journalist
Annette Belcher
Multimedia Journalist
Full newsroom contact details
Tell us what's happening in your area.