SAINSBURY'S has submitted its revised development plans for Forest Court in Dorridge to Solihull Council.
The move follows extensive public consultation with the local community, including workshops and questionnaires, public exhibitions, consultation brochures, focus groups and various meetings with a broad range of local stakeholders.
• A Sainsbury’s foodstore with a 19,500 sq ft (1,812 sq m) ground-floor sales area
• A 175-space car park above the store, accessed from Avenue Road
• Stairs, lifts and travelators providing access between the two levels
• Dedicated disabled and parent & child facilities, including parking near to the store entrance
• The extension and refurbishment of the existing doctors’ surgery
• Dedicated premises in the development for the local pharmacy
• Six additional smaller retail units along Station Road
• Space for an independent restaurant
• A public square with benches, landscaping and pedestrian links to the Arden Buildings
• Traffic calming measures and pedestrian links around the development site
• A fully enclosed service yard on Station Road
• An overall design complementing the architecture of the Station Approach buildings
• New trees and planting
The proposed service vehicle route has also been altered to prevent delivery vehicles using Knowle High Street.
Sainsbury’s previous application was refused by SMBC’s planning committee in March 2010, despite being recommended for approval by the planning officer.