How we use Cookies

Pooches raise alarm

DOGS raised the alarm when an electrical fault caused a storage heater fire in the lounge of a 13th-floor flat in north Solihull early on Christmas Day.

DOGS raised the alarm when an electrical fault caused a storage heater fire in the lounge of a 13th-floor flat in north Solihull early on Christmas Day. A neighbour called the fire service after being alerted by barking.

There was no-one in the Bangor House flat, off Forth Drive, Bacon’s End, near Chelmsley Wood.

Four firecrews – from Sheldon, Ward End and Bickenhill – were called out at 1.22am. But they were hampered because vandals had opened a riser outlet valve on the second floor, resulting in flooding on the second, ground and first floors.

A neighbour looked after the dogs, apparently none the worse for their experience, until their owners returned.

 

Journalists

Cathrina Hulse
Multimedia Journalist
Annette Belcher
Multimedia Journalist
Full newsroom contact details
Tell us what's happening in your area.