The family of Victor Clark from Redditch have launched a battle for justice for the 64-year-old former metal worker who was diagnosed with mesothelioma on December 23, 2010 and died just three months later.
The grandfather-of-one is thought to have been exposed to the deadly asbestos fibres throughout his career as a metal fabricator which saw him work for a number of firms across Birmingham and also in Solihull where he installed the first overhead computerised conveyors at Rover’s Lode Lane site between 1978 and 1980.
Victor’s devastated widow Jean, said: “Victor and I had been happily married for 41 years and I miss him terribly.
“We had celebrated our Ruby wedding anniversary the year before he died and to lose him so suddenly has been really difficult to cope with.
“To know that his work was ultimately responsible for his death is hard to bear.”
Devastated daughter Claire, also from Redditch, added: “He worked all of his life and I feel so angry that someone must have known and he wasn’t made aware.
“Its not about the money - we want someone to be accountable.”
The grieving family, with the help of Irwin Mitchell specialist lawyers, are keen to hear from workers from Bigwood Brothers between 1962 and 1968, Stern and Bell between 1968 and 1970, Down and Francis Limited between 1970 and 1978, Kings Insulation between 1978 and 1980 and anyone who worked at Rover’s Longbridge site between 1970 and 1978 and Lode Lane between 1978 and 1980.
Contact Hayley Hill at Irwin Mitchell on 0870 1500 100 or email email@example.com with any information.