How we use Cookies

Yardley woman's dog needs emergency attention after eating Easter eggs

Chocolate-loving pooch Duggie ended up needing medical treatment – when he wolfed down seven Easter eggs

Chocolate-loving pooch Duggie ended up needing medical treatment – when he wolfed down seven Easter eggs.

The cocoa-coloured four-and-a-half year-old labrador sneaked into a bedroom to seize the forbidden tasty treats.

“We found him surrounded by torn boxes and silver paper – with no sign of any of the eggs,” said owner Claudia Davis, aged 38 and from South Yardley.

“Duggie has a real sweet tooth but chocolate is poisonous to dogs and he quickly needed to have a vomit-inducing injection, as well as plenty of fluids to flush out the dangerous toxins.”

Luckily she discovered what her dog had done in time and Duggie has suffered no ill-effects from the incident.

 

Journalists

Cathrina Hulse
Multimedia Journalist
Annette Belcher
Multimedia Journalist
Full newsroom contact details
Tell us what's happening in your area.