How we use Cookies

Oulton out-class opponents to seal victory

Title challengers Olton took the lead against Brooklands Poynton after only five minutes with Rachel Walker’s penalty stroke.

Olton 2 - 0 Brooklands Poynton

Title challengers Olton took the lead against Brooklands Poynton after only five minutes with Rachel Walker’s penalty stroke.

The visitors fought back, and although created their own opportunities, never matched the class of Olton. Brooklands’ determination to compete earned two of the Poynton players a brief rest during the game as they were sent off for some over-enthusiastic tackling. Olton sealed the victory on 50 minutes when a well worked short corner was deflected in by Emma Rochlin.

Olton 5 - 1 Coventry & North Warwicks

Olton made a slow start to the game at Grange Road and could have gone behind, but on seven minutes found themselves in the lead, courtesy of Ed Benfield. This signalled a period of intense pressure from Olton down both flanks and a welcome goal on 22 minutes by Jack Mallett, who was fed the ball two yards out after Chris George ran into the D. The lead was extended further just before half time by Chris George. Olton started the second half slowly but again looked most likely to score first. Olton converted from two short corners in quick succession, the first from Sukhi Sidhu who dragged the ball to the Coventry goalkeeper’s right hand side and the second from Tom Pickersgill who dragged the ball into the middle of the goal. It was then up to Jack Mallett to complete the scoring with only a few minutes on the clock to make the final score 5-1.

Yardley 1 - 2 Leamington

Yardley edged in front after Andy Elves made a persistent run down the left wing, avoiding several attempted tackles, and managed to put in a cross which eventually fell to Luke Menzel for a simple tap-in. Leamington tried to raise their game but wasted several chances before eventually levelling the scores from a short corner. As the second half got under way, Neal Makepeace was called into a fair bit of action before Leamington eventually scored what turned out to be the winner.

Old Silhillians 3 - 1 Ludlow

The bright Max Levenger opened the scoring after only a few minutes, rounding two defenders in the D and calmly lifting the ball over the Ludlow keeper.

As half time drew closer the Sils were in complete control but could not manage to get that vital second goal, and on the stroke of half time Ludlow levelled off a lucky short corner.

The second half began in much the same fashion with the Sils carving holes into the Ludlow defence. But as the half progressed, the Sils looked to be getting more frustrated and were reduced to ten men with a yellow card. Thankfully, captain Matt Fell came up for a flowing move, and as the ball looped into the air, smashed it home to regain the lead. This lead was soon doubled when Max Levenger claimed his second goal. After intercepting a poor free hit from Ludlow, he ran in on goal and rounded the keeper to put the finishing touch on a thoroughly deserved victory.

Solihull Blossomfield 2 - 1 Leicester Thursday

Solihull Blossomfield gained their first win of the league campaign with a hard fought victory over their East Midlands opposition.

The home side dominated for large parts of the first half but were unable to capitalize on their early pressure.

As the game became more even, the visitors gained in confidence and right at the stroke of half-time, were awarded their first short corner of the game, which they duly scored from to give them an unlikely lead at the interval.

Solihull managed to bring things level early in the second half, Stuart Bevins smashing home after a fine ball from Jacques Priestner. Four minutes from the end, the home side were awarded a short corner and with a well worked passing move, Marcus Bowen put them ahead to secure the points.

Solihull Blossomfield 2nds 1 - 3 Bromsgrove

Blossomfield struggled in the opening exchanges and were not surprised to see themselves go behind following a short corner.

Just before half time Solihull conceded their second goal, a penalty stroke which Jim Goldstraw was unlucky not to keep out.

The second half saw Bloss play much better and it was not long before they pulled a goal back after a superb piece of control and a fine finish from James Shackleton. With the teams evenly match its was a defensive error that cost Bloss the game, as they conceded from a shot from the top of the D.


Premier League News


Cathrina Hulse
Multimedia Journalist
Annette Belcher
Multimedia Journalist
Full newsroom contact details
Tell us what's happening in your area.